Yo Gabba Cake | Yo Gabba Pictures

Last week my oldest turned 2 (Waa).  Her favorite show in the whole-wide-world is Yo Gabba Gabba!  And now I have to admit, it is also one of my favorite shows, too.  I swear I'm addicted.  Here are some pictures from the big event & the awesome gabba decorations we made:


I found these foam visors at the craft store for $1.  We made one for each child at the party using the faces from each character from the show (used construction paper and a black sharpie). They were super cute!


I also found these foam cup holders at the craft store (3 for $1) and we used them to hold the utensils on the food table.  It added a little more "gabba" to the table and they were useful too!


I got the idea for this "Brobee Bean Bag Toss" game from the GabbaFriends website and Natty is STILL playing with this in the house.  I just used an empty diaper box and cut a whole for Brobee's mouth.  Wrapped him with 2 shades of green tissue paper (Target had them packaged this way already, and I only needed 2 packages which came out to $5).  I used red plastic cups for his red spikes and construction paper to decorate his face.  We made the bean-bags look like the food in the "Party in My Tummy" episode using colored felt, fabric glue and rice.  (Forgot to take a picture of those).





We made a "Throw the Eyeball at Muno" game out of poster board and a styrofoam ball.  This is Natty playing with it (above).




Coolest Brobee cake EVER!  I didn't make this myself, but friends of ours did!  Can you believe it?  They even made the tree stump and plate of veggies from the "Party in My Tummy" episode.  It was awesome!


Natty and Brobee, best buddies!  We bought this standup Brobee from Birthday Express, but I've seen them on Ebay for 1/2 the price, too!


After the best Gabba party ever, Natty was all pooped out!

6 comments:

  1. Linsay I don't know where you find the time for all of this stuff!! I LOVE IT!!! Great ideas!!! Do you ever sleep??? haha

    <3 Sue Yur Main Squeeze

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! My youngest DD was obsessed with this show when it wasn't so popular. I wanted to have a YGG party but couldn't find anything, now its everywhere! I love the cake, especially the veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Thank you so much for these fun and affordable tips. I'm planning my son's 1st b-day for next month, and have been struggling for a theme... I considered pirates, but I think I'll go with this. He LOVES Yo Gabba Gabba, and so do I! We dance together while watching. ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tiffany - totally agree...every few months I see more & more Gabba stuff, but a few months prior to her party last year...I couldn't find ANYTHING. Either that or it was really over priced.

    @hippiemama86 That's awesome! It was sooo much fun doing the Gabba theme because there are so many cute things you could do. The Nick Jr website has the character face print-outs that you can print on iron-on transfer paper and put on your shirts. Everyone loved that too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome I'm planning my daughter's 2nd bd party... Where did you get the facial stickers?

    ReplyDelete